Teen Parent Program
Being a good parent is not easy. Being a parent when you’re young is especially hard and poses many challenges. The Teen Parent Program at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center is here to help make things easier. Our goal is to make sure you and your baby are healthy by providing you with high quality medical services, social work services, psychological services, and nutrition information. All our services are free of charge and confidential.
A Network of Support
As a young parent you may feel alone and not be sure where to turn for help. Our focus with the Teen Parent Program is on providing you with the tools to stay healthy, become more resilient, create strong bonds with your baby, and help you pursue your educational and employment goals.
The Teen Parent Program includes:
- Primary and sexual and reproductive health care for the parents
- Well-child care for the children
- Social workers who perform assessments and help families with hurdles such as housing and getting access to affordable, nutritious food
- Psychology team which performs developmental assessments for the children and attachment-based therapy
- A nutritionist who works with each family on living a healthy lifestyle
- Free dental and optical services, including free glasses
We’re There for You
If you live in the New York City area, are 13-24 years old, and have an infant or toddler, you and your baby can be seen at the same appointment at the Center. Hours are Wednesdays, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Call 212-423-3000 to make an appointment for your baby and yourself.
Even when the Center is closed, an on-call pediatrician is available by phone, 24 hours a day. Just call 212-423-3000 and ask for the on-call pediatrician.
This information is not intended to provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services, only general information for education purposes only.