No Judgment. No Charge.
Substance Use and Prevention
Our dedicated team of social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists serve youth ages 10-24 with a range of mental health issues, regardless of their ability to pay. We draw on the latest evidence base and use individual, group and family therapy techniques.
Typical problems we work with include:
- Teen depression, anxiety, anger and stress
- School and family problems
- Drug and alcohol use
- Eating disorders
- Cutting and other forms of self-harm
- Domestic violence, physical and emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse, rape, and sexual assault
- Sex trafficking
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Services included in our therapy and counseling programs:
- Family and relationship therapy
- Individual therapy
- Therapeutic and support groups
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Attachment, regulation and competency therapy
- Prolonged exposure
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, a comprehensive and evidence based treatment approach for adolescents who struggle with self-injury, suicidal thinking and attempts, and significant emotional dysregulation and interpersonal difficulties
- Evidence-based harm-reduction and motivational enhancement approaches for substance use, such as:
- 7 Challenges © treatment to motivate decisions and commitments to change in adolescent and young adult substance abusers
- Teen Intervene © a brief intervention aimed at reducing substance use in youth showing early signs of substance abuse problems
- Botvin LifeSkills Training © to reduce risk of teen substance abuse
- Art therapy
- Psychiatric services including psychopharmacology (medicine)
- Psychological and diagnostic testing. Our testing batteries are designed to assess the many different cognitive abilities and emotional structure of our patients including intelligence, academic achievement, memory, executive functioning, discrete neurological functions and social-emotional wellbeing. With each patient, we custom tailor our assessment batteries to fit their presenting needs. By gathering information on a patient’s performance across a wide variety of tasks we are able to construct a profile of the patient’s strengths, weaknesses and, most importantly, design services and accommodations that are most beneficial for them. Testing plays a key role in the identification of learning disorders, developmental disabilities, ADHD, autism, and mental health disorders.
- Educational assessment and evaluation
All our services are available without charge and are completely confidential.