Candidates must be enrolled in an APA-Accredited clinical, school or counseling doctoral program (Ph.D. or Psy.D.). All formal coursework and comprehensive examinations must be completed by the start of the internship. The candidates should have demonstrated interests and prior academic and practicum experiences that are appropriate for the internship, such as prior experience working with adolescents, outpatient therapy experience, interest in working with underserved populations and interest in working in an interdisciplinary setting. We pay careful attention to the goodness-of-fit between candidates and our program. Candidates’ cover letters and essays are reviewed for specific reference to interest in the training that we offer.
Check back soon for 2021 application deadlines.
The internship begins the first week in July and ends at the end of the following June.
The intern application should include the following:
- The APPIC completed application, which can be found online at http://www.appic.org.
- A curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference from supervisors or professors using the APPIC Standardized Reference Form
- Official transcripts of all graduate work
- A comprehensive psychological test battery
- A letter describing your interest in working at the MSAHC
Please direct inquiries to:
Nicole Nadell, PsyD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Psychiatry
The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center
320 East 94th Street
New York, NY, 10128