No Judgment. No Charge.
Legal and Entitlement Services
We offer legal services for our patients who are facing legal problems, including problems with the legal system, employment and employment licensing; education, including school suspension hearings and higher education issues; housing eviction or benefits; getting a Certificate of Relief; understanding criminal records; and Family Court issues, including paternity, visitation, and child support. Issues we can help with include:
- Educational advocacy (middle school, high school and college)
- Financial aid
- Student and consumer debt
- Benefit entitlements (food stamps, public assistance, etc.)
- Social security disability
- Patient’s rights
- Family law issues (abuse, neglect, custody, support, parental rights)
- Domestic violence
- LGBT law
- Employment issues
- Sexual harassment
- Obtaining government-issued identification
Legal counselors also provide advice on a variety of other legal matters and make referrals to other organizations as necessary. These services are available to our patients Tuesday through Friday at MSAHC.
Insurance enrollment counselors are available to help qualified patients apply for insurance coverage under Medicaid.